What is Alkaline Water?
The pH, or potential hydrogen, scale runs from zero to fourteen, with 7 as the neutral middle.
An acid is a substance with a pH of less than 7.
A basic or alkaline substance has a pH of greater than 7.
Your Tap water is generally a mixture of chlorine, anti-biotics, hormones and other metals that will go straight into your system.
Importance of Alkalinity
We have known from century that food can determine our overall pH levels. Dr. Otto Warburg of Germany 1931 Nobel Prize winner discovering that up to 95% of all cancers have acidic environment as the cause behind them. He also showed that cancers cannot thrive in an alkaline environment where the pH level is 7.36 or more.
5 min Recipe: Detoxifying Lemon Water Recipe
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/4 ginger root
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Peel a small amount of ginger before you cut it.
- Slice up all the ingredients and add it water.
- If you want to get the most out of the ingredients, do not throw them out after one use.
- Generally, they will last around three days if you keep adding new water.
- Drink first thing in the morning for optimum results.
How It Works?
Lemon is well known for its pH balancing properties. Although it has quite an acidic taste, it is inherently alkaline and helps the body maintain its balance. It is a powerful disinfectant and antibacterial compound, aiding in the treatment many conditions from bad breath to cholera, and has 22 anti-cancer properties.
Healthy Food House