There are many harmful toxins in the cigarettes which damage the body including nicotine which can cause high blood pressure and lungs damage.
If you stop smoking, the nicotine effect will last for years.
When the smoker inhales the nicotine is absorbed through the skin as well as the mucosal linings in the nose, mouth, and lungs, travelling through the bloodstream to the brain.
Nicotine may also lead to insulin sensitivity and resistance, increased risk of developing metabolic syndrome, type II diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
Moreover, it affects the thyroid, pituitary, sex, and adrenal hormones.
Luckily, there are foods which can help you flush out the nicotine as well as other toxins from your body.
Check them out:
- Water – it flushes out toxins from the body through the skin. Nicotine dehydrates the body, thus you need water to rehydrate it. You should drink 8-12 cups of water on daily basis.
- Spinach – it makes tobacco tastes bad. Moreover, it is loaded with vitamins and folic acid.
- Broccoli – it is packed with vitamin B5 and C, and protects the lungs from damage.
- Berries – they flush out harmful toxins in the body.
- Dry herbs – they reduce nicotine in the body and are high in vitamin A and E.
- Kiwi – it is loaded with vitamin A, C, and E which reduce smoking.
- Oranges – they are high in vitamin C that boosts metabolism and reduces stress.
- Pomegranate – it helps the blood circulation and cell count.
- Carrot juice – it has vitamin A, B, C, and K which eliminate nicotine form the body. It replenishes the skin’s nutrients to make it glow.