Disturbing news has leaked out of a woman who nearly lost her life to severe bacterial infection.
It all started when the woman, whose identity was not disclosed, fainted in her bathroom.
This was preceded by worsened health including excessive hair loss. The woman also lost a couple of nails.
As soon as she was taken to hospital, she was diagnosed with a severe bacterial infection that led to a toxic shock.
Surprisingly, all of this happened as a result of regular tampon use.
As this woman’s health deteriorated rapidly, doctors had no other alternative but to put her in an induced coma so that she could survive the treatment.
Eight days later, she came out of this state with substantial memory loss. In fact, this woman couldn’t remember who she was, nor could she recognize her three daughters.
Not only was she in terrible physical condition, but her mental health started deteriorating as well.
She started losing words and was unable to finish a sentence. She had to learn things anew once again, and her recovery was very slow and painful. In fact, it took her two years to get better. Her recovery was awful and lasted for two long years.
According to specialists, tampons can be a serious health threat, especially when used inappropriately. If you leave a tampon in for over 8 hours, the warm, damp environment creates perfect conditions for harmful bacteria proliferation.
So, the next time you’re using tampons, make sure you’re doing it correctly. And, don’t forget to share as this can save someone’s life!