Have you ever noticed that insect bites usually happen during our sleep?
At that time we are most defenseless against them.
The following day we will be angered by the bite marks they left behind.
This is what happened to Carelle Mowatt, but, unfortunately this girl experienced something much worse than an ordinary bite mark.
On March 24, a 24 year old country singer from Tilford, Surrey woke up with a huge blister on her leg.
She had a fear of going to the doctor so, she ried to self-diagnose the swollen bite.
She kept telling herself that it’s only a blister and took some antihistamines as her medication, but the blister gets bigger and bigger, until it finally burst out gruesomely.
When she gathered courage and went to a doctor, she was shocked. She found that the huge blister turns out to be an infected bite from a venomous spider.
Carelle was rushed to A&E.
She was bedridden and the doctors prescribe her with a strong antibiotics and morphine.
She had a hole in the side of her leg. Her dermatologist had to scrape the dead tissue away with a scalpel to allow the fresh tissue to form.
“The pain was unbearable, I had five people pinning me down. Unfortunately, the necrotic tissue was firmly glued to my leg. I was facing surgery.” she said.
A week later, the surgeon contacted her to say she should start letting air get to the bite and start showering. She feel relief, but then her road to recovery hit another setback when her plastic surgeon told her that he need to remove all the dead tissue. Carelle said that it was a very painful experience.
Now Carelle is finally return back to her work, but still suffers from sleep issues and night terrors.
After suffering for two months of horror, Carelle strongly recommends: If you see a blister appear, you should immediately visit a doctor!!
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends as you might help someone in need. Thanks.